Tuesday, November 1, 2011
It's that time of year!!! It's the time of year when some of us start feeling a little like shedding snakes. My skin has been super dry here in Arizona and the humidifier just isn't doing the whole JOB. I love to use scrubs because they really do work. My favorites are the ones made with sugar. Last year my mom and I made this brown sugar scrub and I just loved it. Today I put a few jars together to have on hand.
You will need.........
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (if you don't want it too oily use more sugar)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (you can substitute other oils such as almond oil or vegetable oil.... I actually used vegy oil today)
- 2 tablespoons vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- a container with a lid on it. I used mason jars but anything will do. Be careful not to drop anything that is glass in your bath or shower.
Mix it all together!!! Smells so yummy!! I used more than four cups of sugar and adjusted my measurements because I needed to fill three mason jars. You can play around with this to get to something you like. Remember that when you go to use it you'll have to mix it a bit because it will definitely separate.
Takes five minutes to make and works like a charm!!!
This was on my morning walk yesterday!!! So pretty!!
fill your heart with art